Monday 15 November – Friday 19 November 2021
Kindness is more important today than it has ever been. The isolation of the last year has underlined how little acts of consideration can break down barriers and brighten the lives of the people around us. This is one of the reasons that ‘One Kind Word’ has been chosen as the theme of Anti-Bullying Week taking place from 15 to 19 November 2021.
(Anti Bullying Alliance 2021)
Bexhill Academy will be participating in this week with:
· Dedicated assembly week led by a member of the Senior Leadership Team
· Tutor time resources linked to Anti-Bullying Week led by our PSHE Team
· A review of the academy’s Friendship and Anti-Bullying Policy by the Student Council
· Students invited to participate in Odd Socks Day
· Random Acts of Kindness Awards for students actively supporting Anti-Bullying week with kind words
The Bexhill Academy community, along with other schools across the country are being called to action:
· Ask if someone’s OK. Say you’re sorry. Just say hey.
· In a world that can sometimes feel like it’s filled with negativity, one kind word can provide a moment of hope. It can be a turning point. It can change someone’s perspective. It can change their day. It can change the course of a conversation and break the cycle of bullying.
· Best of all, one kind word leads to another. Kindness fuels kindness. So from the playground to Parliament, and from our phones to our homes, together, our actions can fire a chain reaction that powers positivity.
· It starts with one kind word. It starts today.