Art & Design - GCSE - New Spec

Edexcel GCSE in Art & Design

DELIVERY: 2016 - 2018

EXAM BOARD & CODE:  Edexcel GCSE in Art,Craft and Design

  • Component1: 1AD0/01
  • Component 2: 1AD0/02

QAN CODE: 601/8069/9  Discount code JA2

ASSESSMENT OVERVIEW:

Students develop ideas and techniques from given starting points, themes or briefs; producing work that is personal, informed and meaningful. Students learn to analyse their own work and the work of others in contemporary, historical and cultural contexts.

You will be taught a wide range of artistic styles and techniques including: observational drawing, watercolours, acrylics and ceramics.

Explore the work of other artist and designers.

Develop your own ideas based on your artist research.

Produce your own final pieces based on your sketchbook work.

For GCSE Art 60% of your grade is coursework where you will produce work based on a series of projects. The remaining 40% is awarded for your 10 hour exam which is sat at the end of the course.

Students cover the following assessment objectives during the course:

AO1 Develop ideas through investigations, demonstrating critical understanding of sources

AO2 Refine work by exploring ideas, selecting and experimenting with appropriate media, materials, techniques and processes

AO3 Record ideas, observations and insights relevant to intentions as work progresses

AO4 Present a personal and meaningful response that realises intentions and demonstrates understanding of visual language

OTHER NOTES: 

Assessment and certification:

Coursework. (60%) comprised of the following projects:

Externally set task. 10hrs (40%)

GCSE results are awarded on the scale 1-9

Topic planner  2015-16

Term      Topic

1             Surfaces

2             Natural Form

3             Decay

4             Identity

5             Portrait

6             Mixed Media - to include print making, collage and painting

      

Topic Planner 2016-2017


Term       Topic

1             Mayor coursework Project

2             Mayor coursework Project

3             Exam preparation period

4             Exam preparation period

5             Exam



For school-based queries or help please contact:

Mr Q Carver-Carpenter, Head of Art, Teacher of Art and Photography at: quentin.carver-carpenter@bexhillacademy.org

Miss Alexander Baker, Teacher of Art at: alexandra.baker@bexhillacademy.org


OTHER USEFUL WEBSITES

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/art/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/yourpaintings/

http://www.tate.org.uk

Top