Our House charity this year is Macmillan Cancer support. We will be raising money throughout the year to support the charity through many different fundraising events. At Macmillan, they know how a cancer diagnosis can affect everything. So they are here to support you and help you take back some control in your life. From help with money worries and advice about work, to someone who’ll listen if you just want to talk. If you have any ideas about different types of fundraisers, then please see Mrs Holter.
In 1907, the Royal College of Science, the Royal School of Mines and the City & Guilds College were combined to form Imperial College London.
• Imperial is home to 14,700 students and 8,000 staff.
• Over 6100 degrees are awarded by Imperial College London every year.
• Imperial attracts undergraduates from more than 125 countries
• Imperial holds a Silver Athena Swan award, which recognises advancing women’s careers in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine in academia.
• The rock band Queen were formed when Brian May placed an advert on the noticeboard in the Union looking for a ”Mitch Mitchell/Ginger Baker type” drummer’. Roger Taylor responded leading to Queen performing one of their first gigs in the Union Concert Hall.
Imperial College London is the only UK university to focus entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business. Its international reputation for excellence in teaching and research sees them consistently rated in the top 10 universities worldwide.